Sunday, October 5, 2008

Blind Faith

" 'One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!' " John 9:25

“Blind faith.” Now that phrase has a whole new meaning in my life!!! Faith is believing in that which you cannot see. Taylor believes and has faith that everyone willing to help her out is really going to do just that. Even when I fail her, when she bumps into something or trips over a roadblock or a crack in the sidewalk…or one of the millions of toys on the floor...she picks herself up and has faith again that I (or whoever else is helping her) will keep leading her. The difference is, the Lord will NEVER cause us to bump or fall. He is right there to pick us up when we do, and He will guide us every step of the way. It is up to us to take His hand and let Him lead the way. May my faith in the Lord my God be ever so strong that I pick myself back up off the ground, shake off the dirt, and trust Him again.

When I prayed to God for a miracle the day after Taylor was born, I prayed she would have sight. I prayed God would enable her to see. Now, five years later, I see the miracle answered differently than I could ever have anticipated. He didn’t give Taylor new eyes to see, but He did give me new vision and a new perspective through which to see. The miracle is how clearly I can see His hand in all of this. The real miracle is that He opened MY eyes to see the world in a different light.

No comments: