Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pray Without Ceasing

"We do not know what we outght to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Romans 8:26

While it's been so many months since a posting, so many wonderful and not-so-wonderful things have happened. I'm really going to try to get back into the swing of things here.

One of our major life changes was losing a dear aunt in October. The morning I got the phone call that Aunt Pat was not going to make it more than a couple of hours, I told the girls why I would be leaving for the day. Immediately, Taylor got out of her bed and on her knees to pray. I have not seen nor have I heard her pray with such fervor as I did that morning. Lauren and I joined her as we prayed for God's mercy to heal Aunt Pat at that moment. Really, I wept. I really had no words to utter...just tears.

God's healing took a different turn as He healed her forever from all sickness and brought her home to heaven that day.

I marveled at Taylor's first reaction and her understanding under the circumstances. I also marvel at how passionately we get to talk with our God. I marvel at how sincere a six-year-old can be when she prays and how I learn from her each day.

No comments: