Friday, October 17, 2014

Seeing Light

     A friend shared this Facebook post with me yesterday. I was moved to tears for so many reasons.  First, the fact that this man is seeing light for the first time in 30 years is mind-blowing!  Watching him and his wife together is so beautiful.  Watching their intimacy as they pray and thank the Lord for the miracle is a gift.  Watching the doctors share their excitement is contagious.  Watching, watching, watching, and hearing...hearing what this man had to say moved me beyond the images on the screen.
     "I can see light, and we can go from here."  Oh man, I got choked up hearing him say these words knowing what he meant physically.  Taylor would be a different traveler if she had light perception.  The independence factor goes up exponentially!  AND, I thought of this.  Once we see the Light of Jesus, we can go from here.  That moment we see and know Jesus wherever we are, that's when we really get to move.  It doesn't make things perfect or easier, it just makes the journey brighter.  As Larry's wife says, "It's only going to get better." 
     I loved what the doctor says, "So the journey is just beginning.  This is Day 1."   I want my journey to keep seeing the LIGHT brighter and brighter and pointing others to that same Light!

Here's the address to view the full video...a MUST see!!!
http://abc7.com/health/blind-man-sees-his-wife-for-first-time-in-over-30-years/353162/



1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.