Monday, December 22, 2014

Introducing Caroline Jane

"Be still and know that I am God."      Psalm 46:10

      Caroline is our newest niece born on December 9th.  She is a picture of perfection.  We got to meet her on the 11th, and it was the highlight of the week and who knew exactly how much of a highlight it would be.  It was also the beginning of some quiet time that needed to happen.
     We got to visit Caroline, Jess (my sister-in-law), Luke (brother), and 2 nephews.  It was awesome to be in their home, holding a precious and perfect newborn and seeing our nephews love on her, as well as rough around with us...awesome stuff to be in the superhero world with a 4 and 2-year-old since my daughters were more into the princess thing at that age.  We learned some cool stuff!!!
      Later in the week, Lauren got sick and we just had to stay at home...not what I thought I'd be doing the week before Christmas.  I am so thankful for the down time because we've gotten some crazy news this week...a dear college friend diagnosed with Stage 4 spine cancer.  She has 2 daughters as well.  Talk about being thankful for the time with Lauren on the couch this week to just be still.  We also learned of some close friends whose marriage needs big-time prayer.  I've gotten news of a highly influential teacher in Garden Grove and a father of 2 former students who have passed away, and other trials in our extended family and with friends.  I realized that Christmas stuff would get done but some visits had to happen first.  Time with people is far more important than some of the chaos I buy into this time of year...more on that soon...
     It's been a tough couple of weeks, but I realized the Lord gave us the sweetest time with Luke, Jess, and their family as a little token of what it means to slow down and appreciate what's important...life and life abundantly!!!  It's been dear and meant so much to us.

Caroline, with brothers Tyler (goofball :0)  and Charlie, Taylor and Lauren

2 comments:

Jessica Hudson said...

Kim - I never check blogs anymore, but randomly just did (during this 2 am feeding). I'm so grateful I did! Your visit was so special and we feel so blessed to have so many great cousins for Caroline to have as role models. I'm so sorry about your friend. We'll keep her family in our prayers. Truly unimaginable. Love you!

Kim said...

Jess, it meant so much to us! We LOVE your family and are so grateful for every one of you...your boys smiles truly warm my heart. PLUS, Tyler's asked me to stay at your house! That's true love :0)