Monday, September 1, 2008

Pregnant???!!!


"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

It seems that everyone has their “IT” moment…you know the one that changes the course of your life as you’ve known it. For many of us, it’s losing someone so special it’s unimaginable you can ever trudge through life the same again. For others, it’s devastating medical news. It’s...fill in the blank...you name it...
For me, it’s having a blind daughter.

In July of 2002, my husband, Mike, and I had just put in an offer on a new house which would more than double the current mortgage, we were selling our home, and we had a bouncy one-year-old, Lauren, with tons of energy. Life was great!!! Four days into two escrows, I realized I was a little "off" to say the least.

When I got pregnant with our first daughter, Lauren, two years earlier I was off the pill for a couple of months, and we got pregnant within three months. It was such a gift, and I say that knowing there are many couples out there who have had unbearable heartache trying to conceive.

When I found out I was pregnant with our second, Taylor, I was in disbelief. Mike and I “refrained from pregnancy-inducing activities” during the days with any chance of conception. Now, I know something happened on one of the multiple days right after that window (OK...obviously, I know what happened). Within a few weeks I felt nauseus, tired beyond tired, and just overall yucky for a few days. You would think I would have been smart enough to put the pieces together then, but I figured we were just so crazy getting our housing stuff together that my body was just totally worn out. Not quite!

I figured I’d better take the test just to be sure. Positively positive.

No comments: