Monday, November 24, 2008

Pin the Tail

There are always a few things that make me chuckle each time they occur. (I definitely have a bit of a warped sense of humor since delivering Taylor!) One of those times is when "Pin the Tail on Whatever" is one of the main games at a birthday party. I used to cringe when the game would come out. Now I watch the hostesses cringe when they realize Taylor is coming up in line. You can almost watch them thinking, "Uhhhh...do I blindfold her and pretend away the obvious?" or, "Do I mention the obvious and ask Kim if she wants to be blindfolded?"

I've definitely let the time elapse a bit longer at each party and kind of let the situation unfold itself. Depending on the nature of the relationship and how long we've known the hostessing families, I will answer sincerely with a, "Taylor, would you like to wear a blindfold?" or with a wise crack like, "This is one of those games Taylor has an edge in."

It's great to be able to take life a little less seriously once in a while. It's also great that others can chuckle with me in the awkwardness once in a while too.

No comments: