Thursday, September 18, 2014

Running the Race with Confidence

    “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him."  Jeremiah 17:7

      Taylor gets to run relay races once-in-a-while at jiu jitsu.  The other day I was watching and kind of laughing at her idea of trusting her sighted guide.  Taylor's running is "protected"  with her body moving forward but with a very tentative trust between her and her guide.  I'll have to get a picture of what it looks like because it's like she tries to go forward but her upper body is stiff and tilted backward.  The bottom line is she isn't fully trusting her sighted guide to lead her at a running pace.  She's great when they're jogging, but sprinting is a totally different story.
     Of course, I had a moment when I realized my walk with Jesus is much the same.  When things are cruising, I am much more trusting to take Jesus's hand and have Him lead me.  BUT, when the pace picks up and circumstances are out of my hands, I am much more hesitant to take Jesus by the hand and really run with Him.  I want to, but I'm afraid.  I loved seeing it in action!  I also want to grab hold of Him and really go for it... trusting He's really got me in the palm of His hand.

No comments: