Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Letter to Taylor

The other day I was cleaning out our pantry. Well, I seem to clean out the pantry every time we head to Sam's Club, but this time I actually opened up the journal that had been sitting pretty in that closet for five years. I found this one and only entry.

May 14, 2003
My Dearest Taylor,
You are nearly two months old already, and I am finally getting to write about the beginning of your journey! You will have a letter which announces your birth to everyone which explained the events of that day.
So much has happened to you and with you in these short weeks! You have seen more doctors than we care to mention, but everywhere we go, you're described as "vigorous." That's such a blessing...we wonder if this is an indicator of your personality as it develops. :0)
We also seem to find out that there are so many fewer things "wrong" than we originally thought. More and more positive things are coming from our visits to doctors.
Taylor, you are a blessing, a gift, a special treasure. Your dad and I are so lucky to be your parents. Lauren is so lucky to be your sister. She loves you so much...as we all do, of course! I have to tell Lauren many times each day NOT to kiss you as she would spend the entire day suffocating you. :0) Of course, she does...

The letter was unfinished, and it's the only entry in this large journal. I love living this life out and seeing our "journal" fill with life not just words.

No comments: