Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Lessons from the Ocularist

It's been a while since posting, but this message has rung loud and clear in my little brain for a long time. The first time Taylor got her full painted prosthetics, the transformation was unreal! I saw that little girl "complete" on the outside. Those eyes didn't fit perfectly though, and they needed to be readjusted several times a day. We'd look over, and one of Tay's eyes would have moved to where it was pointing toward her nose...and looking straight up toward her forehead...at the same time! Really, it was comical watching how often they would wander and settle in to where those prosthetics felt comfortable.

That reminded me often of how many times a day we need readjusting. Even when we we're trying to live a life guided by God, walking with the Spirit, we're no where near perfect. We may look pretty good at times, but we're always in need of minor adjustments or major overhauls. Just like Taylor needs minor adjustments with those eyes at times, and others it's a start-from-scratch kind of thing.

The beautiful thing about God is that He doesn't care where we're at as long as we're with Him. He'll provide the fine-tuning or major reconstruction if we're open to it. I love knowing that He's working on me all the time, and I don't have to pretend to be anything less or more than what I am today.

1 comment:

Matteo and Marco said...

Hi Kim I sent you an email but I figured I would also leave a comment. Thought you might be intersted in being connected with MAPS (Microphthalmia Anophthalmia Parent Support) is a parent to parent network offering support to families raising children with microphthalmia (born with small eyes) and/or anophthalmia (born without eyes). http://www.maparentsupport.com/
Hope to hear from you Michelle, mom to Matteo