Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him might not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

I love that God loves me! I love that there are so many mentions of love in the Bible. I love that His love is unconditional. I love that God loves me no matter what. I love seeing others love each other well. I love seeing Lauren and Taylor's love for each other grow and change over the years.

Last week Lauren had a rough day. It was just one of those afternoons where things weren't quite going her way, and it was topped off when she found out Taylor got a part in the church musical, and she didn't. It's rare, but the public showing of tears came. Lauren just couldn't help it, and other people saw her crying...and noticed something was amiss. They just didn't know what had happened.

Lauren is so AMAZING! She is amazing on her own, and the way she handles her life as Taylor's sister is as big a part of Taylor's story as Taylor's own successes. Later that night after I explained to Lauren that there was a part in that play written for her and Taylor (though Lauren can't be in it because of her spring softball schedule), it was a little easier to handle. Just knowing she was recognized meant the world to her.

The most amazing part of the evening came later that night as we were all saying prayers together. First of all, Lauren asked if she and Taylor could have a sleepover together (which we usually just let them do on the weekends) and then she prayed. She thanked the Lord for Taylor and for Taylor getting a special part in the play. She explained to the Lord that eventhough she wanted to be in it too, she knew she couldn't and was happy for her sister. She showed me that night the power of love over selfish desires. She reinforced to me God's love for us.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: