Friday, January 17, 2014

Best Day Ever

    There's this amazing foundation called "The Best Day Ever Foundation."  The name truly speaks for itself!  This organization puts together a day for disabled youth that can be the youngsters' best day ever.  Taylor got to experience a day of paddle boarding, outrigger canoeing, swimming, and all-around goofing off with her sister and two volunteers.  There were more volunteers than participants, and it was spectacular. 
     There was one interaction between Taylor and the paddle board instructor that cracked our whole family up. 

     "Do you see those dogs in the water?"  asks the instructor.
     "No. I can't see them," replies Taylor.
     "Here.  I'll point them out to you."  Instructor points to them. "Do you see them now?"
     "No, I can't see."
     "Oh," he says.  "It's hard to see them anyways," finishes paddle board instructor who doesn't understand that Taylor really CAN'T see them...EVER because SHE CAN'T SEE!!!

     I was definitely left with a great lesson to learn.  I feel like often times there are those obvious things RIGHT there in my life that I just can't see.  More often, it's because I don't want to look or really don't want to see what's right there before me.  Other times, it's God pointing out things to me subtly at first and then a little more directed.  I also realize things that are so obvious to others are things I am just not seeing. The opposite is true too.  I think that is why we need one another.  God uses Himself, others, and us to work together to point out new things.  It's such a beautiful example of strong teamwork and working together to make each day The Best Day Ever.

 Brooks (her instructor) and Taylor on the paddle board.


 Taylor and Lauren with their special volunteers for the day

No comments: