Thursday, January 30, 2014

Volumes of Growth

  

      I took this picture a couple days ago when Taylor's second copy of her Brailled math book arrived for us to lug home. The two boxes filled with braille volumes is the same content included in the purple text book. (It was ordered in June last year, so it took a little while.  Luckily, the school's copy was there for her to use beginning in September.)    I looked at this photo in a whole different light after a few minutes.  This picture symbolizes the growth I've made since Taylor's birthday nearly 11 years ago.
     The sheer immensity of the volumes and volumes of books can be overwhelming as I look at it compared with the print version Lauren in holding in her hands.  I realize since Taylor's birthday, I have grown by volumes!  I have also had to "lug" some lessons around.  It isn't easy and sometimes feels overwhelming.  It can't be carried all at once.  I have to learn a little bit at a time or I become paralyzed with fear.  I need help carrying the load all the time, and I have been blown away by the support team God's given me in Mike, our family, and friends.  Just like the learning that comes from opening each volume of that book, I am so grateful for Taylor and the crazy volumes of learning that come from our life with her.  Now, I hope that next year when we get the Braille home copies of the literature, math, social studies, and science books it isn't a representation of the amount of learning I'll be doing in one year!!!


No comments: